Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Drupal 7 is out! Everything in my world is right!

 Drupal 7 is out! Everything in my world is right!

Downloaded it which was at the time a good idea. It was around 2.0mb which I though was to be a quick download. Well, not really - me thinks there are a lot of people also trying to get their grubby hands on this.

So fast-forward a bit, unpacked it - I use 7zip - and installed this puppy. It installed beautifully as you can see from the screen shot.

First impressions?

Web2.0 goodies abound like overlays, rollovers and such.
Check this screen shot of the new new article interface. As you can see its clearly an overlay - it uses JavaScript for those who fail to grasp the obvious.

It doesn't sound so bad - although, they use a lot of JavaScript, its used with a purpose and not that "use JavaScript here bcuz it l33t! haxxor!"

Now, time to figure out this puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment