Thursday, November 17, 2011

CM Magnum HD + MIUI = iDroid

MIUI Home screen
I bought my Cherry Mobile Magnum HD about about a year ago and if you have been following this blog, you'll remember that I installed and been using the Welcomm ROM. The Welcomm ROM has served me well but time to look for another.

Enter the MIUI.

Now MIUI is a custom Android ROM. The most striking feature is its UI. Its very reminiscent of a iPhone's user interface. That's why I sometimes confuse people when I tell them that I have an iDroid. *big grin*

Now, you will notice that in the official MIUI webpage that the Cherry Mobile Magnum (or its variants) are not support. That's because it isn't. I'm using a modified MIUI ROM by an Indonesian guy named TJ_Style. He hangs around the andro-id.net website.

To get your grubby hands on the rom, you'll have to register to the andro-id.net forum. Just run the site thru a translator since most of the post is in Indonesian.

Also, you'll need to get that custom CWM recovery for your phone so you can install the ROM and get superuser rights. That shouldn't to hard.

Anyway, here's a couple more screenshots of my newly flashed Cherry Mobile Magnum:


2 comments:

  1. How about MIUI ROM for cherry Mobile Flare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that there's an MIUI ROM out for the Flare. You'll have to wait or make it yourself.

      Delete